Webfetti.com

Monday, August 13, 2007

Monday August 12, 2007

I thought I would share what I learned yesterday. Sunday was so awsome , the whole day was so good. In Sacrament meeting we had a young couple speak. Patrick and xang yu Belnap were married a year ago. Patrick met xang yu in China when he went there a couple of years ago. Patrick felt a desire to serve the people in China, so he went. I got to know Patrick when he went with us on our trek a few years ago. I was impressed with his personality and how he was able to connect with the youth. He had served a full time mission, and was wanting to do more. He decided to go and it was there that he met xang yu. She was raised by her grandmother who had christian beliefs but was not LDS. Of course you cannot preach the gosple in China, so he suggested that xang yu go to Hong Kong where she could be taught the gosple. She borrowed money from friends but still didn't have enough. Patrick wrote to her and told her that a miracle had happened and he had more money than he needed . She was able to travel to Hong Kong and was taught the gosple. Her traveling alone , as young as she is without parent or friend was amazing to me. She was drawn to the gosple. Heavenly Father was with her and she was able to connect with people on her way, that helped her get where she needed to be. I guess in Hong Kong they give all 12 discussions and baptise while they are there. She was a golden prospect for sure. She was very nervous to speak yesterday, but, she was great. You could feel her spirit. She started to cry Patrick jumped up to give her a kleenex. She said thank you my husband stud muffin. We all laughed with her. Patrick got up and told us that he helped her write her talk. xang yu asked what stud muffin meant and he said it means "me". We all laughed with them and was so impressed with their ability to indure so much. How different we are in america . She is doing well. They are living with Patricks family in our ward until they are ready to find a home.
Relief Society was also very good. It was about being a reverent people. We need to take time everyday and communicate with Heavenly Father , show our gratitude for what we have been given. Take time to ponder. "We must remember that reverence is not a somber temporary behavior that we adopt on Sunday. True reverence involves happiness, as well as love, respect, gratitude, and godley fear. It is a virtue that should be part of our way of life. In fact, Latter-day Saints should be the most reverent people in all the earth." I wonder how close to the celestial kingdom we would get without this quality. Not very close I imagine. A simple thing like reverence is the corner stone of our religion, yet , perhaps we may not tune in unless we are on our knees in great distress or fear. I know that I have had moments of reverence that they talk about. When Rick found out he had cancer, we were shocked that this could happen to us. I remember feeling great fear. I also remember many fasting and prayers that helped to connect us to our Heavenly Father. Rick and I went to the temple. I was given and answer immediately. As I sat there, a peace enveloped me. I knew everything was going to be ok. I wasn't sure what the out come of his surgery was to be, but, I knew that Heavenly father knew and that was enough. To me faith is putting your trust in Heavenly Father, that , he literally takes the burden off our shoulders and carries it for us. The hardest thing for me is to learn to trust. I have learned alot this year about that. I have had moments , like the one I just shared that when I ponder I can remember what that felt like and move closer to my Heavenly Father and let him help me carry my burdens. I also remember the feeling of great love that I had that day in the temple. Patti was with me on one side and a woman I did not know on the other side. When that feeling of love came over me I want to pick up both of their hands and squeeze them. I picked up Patti's but I left the womans hand alone. Not a word was spoken but the feeling was transferred anyway. When we got to the celestial room she approached me and asked me why I was there. She could feel the love that I was feeling. We hugged and went our separate ways. Two weeks later I saw her in walmart. She said," I want to know what happened . " I know Heavenly Father loves us individually and he knows what our needs are. We just need to ask. He will pour out blessings on our head. I love you all.

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

This was so uplifting for me to read and definitely something I needed to be reminded of. Thank you, I love you lots!

Grandma Hand said...

Oh Penni how that did lift me up and to know that you really have a testimony that is so strong and it carry's you through the adverse things that this world dishes up I sure to Love you.

Diane said...

You are such a strong person. I so admire your faith and look to you as a great example in my life. Thank you for sharing your feelings and testimony. Thank you for being you. I sure do love you!