Webfetti.com

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Happy Birthday Rick and Crystal!!
We had a very nice time this past weekend . Every labor day We celebrate the birth of two very important people in my family. I think back 24 years ago, we lived in Los Angelos California. Crystal Lynn Crowther was born. She was such a beautiful baby. I remember hoping her birth would happen in my life time. I had the tendancy to go over several weeks. By the time Crystal came along I was informing the Dr. that I was having her over the labor day weekend. He told me that it probably was not going to happen, so , I went home and cried. I remember being so miserable. The due date that Dr. Moran had given me had come and gone. He had just told me that he'd probably see me the following week. How depressing!! I went home so depressed. It felt to me that pregnancy was a permanent condition. I thought perhaps I wasn't pregnant at all but had a tumor. I didn't feel very good so I thought I would go home and sleep it off. She was born September 3, 1983, on a beautiful sunny california day. Dr Moran assisted us at the St Johns Hospital in Santa Monica, California. In those days we didn't know what sex the baby was before they we born. Chad was born in 1979 and Justin in 1981. We were kinda surprised to have and girl. We were so excited,and of course I could not wait to buy little girl cloths again
It had been quite awhile since Aimee born December 1974 and Michelle Oct 1976 were born . Crystal has been a joy in our life ever since. She is working full time at Deseret Mutual . She is assisting people with their investments. She is also going to school, working on her associates. Everything Crystal does, she gives it her all. She is fun , beautiful, and amazingly strong spirit. We have enjoyed her for 24 years. I can't believe how fast the time has gone by. Thank you Crystal for being who you are and for the 24 years of joy you bring to your family. We went to see Harry Potter 3D with Justin Nikki Crystal and me and Rick. We got there a little late so we didn't know that the big screen would tell us when to wear our dark glasses. We faithfully wore them through the movie. I took them off at one point saying I don't see a difference. Crystal, who was sitting next to me said . I don't either. Justin said put your glasses back on it is just a subtle difference. So we faithfully put them back on again. Then, the green glasses pop up on the big screen telling us to put them on. Wow, what a difference. Now we know what 3D looks like. We looked like men in black sitting on the back row. We had a good laugh after.
We also celebrate Rick's birthday. He was born on Sept 6. That just happens to be the day we brought Crystal home from the hospital. That was a great birthday present for him in 1983. Rick is an amazing man. I can always depend on him to have the right answer. He is dependable and honorable. We were married October 20, 1978 . I can't believe how fast the time has gone by, 29 years. I never thought we would be this old or at least, it was a long way away. Thanks for being who you are and the person that I love very much. You make life worth living . HAPPY BIRTHDAY RICK

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I really want to see Harry Potter in 3D. I can imagine you guys sitting with your glasses on through the whole movie...that's pretty funny. Happy birthday to Rick and Crystal!

Diane said...

Sitting on the back row with all your 3D glasses on...that's so funny!!! We saw it too. Wasn't it amazing?! I'm glad you got to celebrate their birthdays in style. Happy birthday Rick and Crystal...we love you!

Aimee said...

That was funny! I can see you all sitting there with your glasses on the whole time....pretty funny!

Happy Birthday Dad and Crys.... I hope you all had a great DAY.

Love ya
Aimee

Unknown said...

That's funny...I'm sure you were thinking what a waste since you couldn't see a difference at first! I want to see it in 3D now that I just finished reading all of them! Happy Bday Crystal & Rick!